Do you have a passion for helping people?
Do you have the leadership skills to bring on real, impactful change? Tell us about it and you could win up to $2,500 to fund your very own Alternative Spring Break project!
This spring, we at CengageBrain.com are giving away the CengageBrain Leadership in Service Award to one student, or group of students, who will spend their spring break serving those in need. The CengageBrain Leadership in Service Award will reward you and up to  of your friends or classmates with $500 each to be used for airfare, food, lodging and other related expenses while participating in the service project of your choice!
Entering is simple:
- Decide to get involved and make a difference
- Submit your service project
- Vote for your service project entry… Daily
- Tell your friends and fellow students to vote for your service project entry… Daily
- Check the winners page in March to see if you’ve won!
For more information on this opportunity and to submit your entry, visit our Facebook app. There, you can tell us about your service project in 250 words or less. Please be sure to include the location of the service project and the name of the organization you will be working with in your project description.
After the submission round, the top two projects will be narrowed down by CengageBrain, then voting to select the winner will be up to you on CengageBrain’s Facebook page! You’ll be able to vote once per day for the service project of your choice. The service project with the most votes wins, so be sure to remind your friends and fellow students to vote daily!
Some criteria to qualify:
- Is within the continental U.S.
- Benefits an under-served population
- Lasts for a minimum of three (3) days
- Must blog, live tweet, or agree to an interview after completion
- Have a clearly outlined mission and plans for the funds
- Is open to college/graduate students only.
A service break or alternative spring break may be just the change from routine you are looking for! Be the change you wish to see in the world and get started planning your service break.