You know that there’s more than one way to peel an orange, so of course there’s more than one way to learn too! Join Cengage Learning’s A Slice of Life contest by submitting a quick, 1 or 2 minute video for a chance to score an awesome scholarship. And don’t be stingy with the creativity! In your video, make sure you show what makes you a unique learner who values a personal learning experience. A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to the very best story, and one runner-up will even earn themselves a $500 scholarship. In a world full of apples, give the world an orange. Be creative and show off A Slice of Your Life!
How to Enter
- Film a creative, original video that’s 1 to 2 minutes long. This video should demonstrate how, as a student, you think, “there’s more than one way to peel an orange.” Take it literally, or don’t – it’s up to you! Just be sure to answer the question, “What makes you a unique learner?”
- The explanation of your identity as a unique learner must be clear. Either list the concept in the title of the video or explain it in the video itself. Upload your video to YouTube, and tag it using the hashtag #MindTapOrange.
- After uploading your video to YouTube, submit your entry via the form on the Cengage Learning “A Slice of Your Life” video contest website before midnight EST on Friday, April 19, 2013, and include the URL of your YouTube video in the form.
Selection of the winner
Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of independent judges, based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Overall appeal
- Quality and completeness of answer to “What Makes You a Unique Learner?”
- Audio/visual quality
- Overall impact
The independent judges will select five finalists whose videos will be featured on the Cengage Learning YouTube channel starting Monday, April 29, to be voted on publicly to determine the ultimate prize winner. The contestant whose video receives the most likes wins!
The winners will receive their scholarships paid on their behalf to the institution at which they are currently enrolled as a student for the Fall 2013 semester or quarter.
Need some more ideas for your submission? Check out the video below for examples, then head to Cengage Learning’s Slice of your Life form to get started today!