To apply for The Mioy Huynh Scholarship by CengageBrain in the amount of $2,500, you may either submit your application by mail or apply online by visiting The Center for Scholarship Administration. From there you will indicate which category best describes you then click ‘Submit Scholarship Application Criteria’ to continue.
The initial selections will be based on the eligibility criteria as follows:
- Applicants must be high school seniors or undergraduates already enrolled in college.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited, public or private, 501(c)(3) college, university or technical college.
- Applicants must be planning to pursue a degree in one of the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.)
Additional required materials:
- Submit the signed TERMS OF AGREEMENT, found in the application online.
- Submit an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative posted through the Spring 2013 semester. (It must be OFFICIAL)
- Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit a one-page signed personal statement addressing the following issue: Often, education is confined to the two covers of a book or the four walls of a classroom. In less than 300 words, please describe a way in which you have expanded your undergraduate studies outside of the classroom. This can either be applying what you have learned in a course to an external project, or incorporating information from an external source to aid in your studies.
- Submit a LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE, etc. This can include a part-time job, undergraduate research, etc.
The deadline for submission of all information (including online application, if applicable) is JANUARY 31. Materials must be mailed in ONE envelope to the Mioy Huynh Scholarship, PO Box 1465, Taylors, SC 29687.
For questions regarding the scholarship, please refer to Ashley from the Scholarship Administration Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.